Antigo Public Library Foundation Mission
The goal of the Foundation is to enrich, not replace, traditional tax-based support through private fundraising from individuals, businesses, and foundations. Such supplemental funding will make a difference between an adequate library and a great one!
The Foundation Supports the Library
The Antigo Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a tax-exempt, private, nonprofit corporation that provides supplementary support for the Library.
- Enhancement to the buildings
- Special collections and/or services
- Supporting positive, high quality programs which help attract patrons to the library.
- Supporting continuing education opportunities for professional growth
Foundation Board Members
Jamie Myers, President
Joe Hermolin, Vice President
Samuel Hardin, Treasurer
Barbara Rebstock, Board Rep, City
Gloria Rettinger, Board Rep, County
Meetings of the Antigo Public Library Foundation are held 4 times each year in January, April, July and October. They are held on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. in the McGinley Room. Check the library event calendar for specific dates.
Make a Gift to the Foundation
We will send you a receipt for tax purposes, along with our grateful thanks. We are currently fundraising for three large projects:
- Solar roofing project for panels on the East, South and West roofs of the library. We are raising money to apply towards matching state grants. When funded, this project would offset 80% of electric costs and enhance local resiliency by continuing to offer services like wi-fi during power outages. This also sets the stage for future grant funding and fundraising for an electric bookmobile!
- Digitization of all Antigo Daily Journal and Antigo Republican newspapers currently on microfilm back to the 1980s.
- Redesign of library greenspace for outdoor programming seating and accessible shelter.
How To Give
- Cash or check donations: Make checks payable to the Antigo Public Library Foundation APL Foundation 617 Clermont St. Antigo, WI 54409
- Insurance policies
- Deferred contributions to an endowment fund
- Browse our Brochure
Endowment funds have the ability to fund programs long-term, so your gift today can keep on giving to future generations.
We recommend that you consult your attorney when considering any sizeable gifts, especially through bequests.
The Antigo Public Library has received support from private individuals in addition to its public funding.
The Antigo Public Library Foundation assures that contributions will supplement, but never replace, public funds.
Helen Tomany chose to give the community the chance to enjoy learning as much as she did. Her $250,000 bequest to the Antigo Public Library provided the impetus to construct the new facility, with additional dollars coming from the city, county, and a spirited fundraising effort on behalf of the Antigo Public Library Foundation.
Antigo Public Library, Main
617 Clermont St.
Antigo, WI 54409
Elcho Branch Library
Elcho High School, Highway 45 North Elcho, WI 54428-0800
Phone: 715-275-3225 ext. 1815
White Lake Branch
White Lake Village Hall, 615 School Street White Lake, WI 54491-0008